Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WOYWW #162 (or 163) and latest completed "projects"...

So, while my camera is in upload mode-that is your warning there are *lots* of pictures here, I thought I would write a quick note to tell you why I am sharing pics of my craft room...that would be because dear Julia at Stamping Ground has graciously granted us this forum to be as snoopy as we can! If you would like to take a peek at other crafty spaces from around the world head over to the Stamping Ground and go crazy. :)
First are a few pictures from around my craft room since I used more than just my paper space this week. Rare, but it happens! :) This is to the left of my paper crafting space, you can see the edge of my big shot in the far right corner of the picture, see? Its covered with "sassy embellishments" and completed cards at the moment, they will soon be taken to shops. Also my cherished ATC's from around the world are hanging out here...its the safest place for them at the moment! :) Must get one of those display thingies...
 Here is the oft pictured paper craft desk...yah, its a wreck! No excuses for it either...
 Here is the bow and jewelry station/side...and its where I've been creating the most for the last few days.
 Made this one a long time ago but I still haven't taken it to the shop.
 New black and white funky fabulous...
 Sock monkey!
 Another sock monkey!
 Boutique styled funky and considered "over the top"!
 So frou-frou-licious!
 Not the best picture but its a close one...future centerpiece for a new necklace. Steampunk style!
 Took the plainish paper on the right and turned it into the fabulous paper on the left for a special card...
My sisters 1st year wedding anniversary card that was to be for my mom to give her. Its a gatefold and has touches of silver in the clock, sentiment & frame, and the pocket watch, which all 3 pop-out. I used some TH to color the paper a little then I embossed it and colored with TH some more. It looks amazing against the black background! I'm not just braggin'! I really liked how it turned out. :) The card base was blackish cardstock that I inked up with archival black to make it a deeper black.
Next was my card for her and hubs, from me. The sentiment "Happily ever after" probably seems more like a wedding card but what I wrote inside was along the lines that everyone wants happily ever after but isn't always willing to work for it...I think they are and so they will get their happily ever after. Insert tears. lol Sorry it didn't photo that well, all that glitter ya know...
And lastly, because I couldn't wait any longer, though I hope she puts them up too, if she wants to I mean, are pictures of the ATC's I sent to dear Lilian...I was really pleased with these!
The edges are distressed, which I haven't done much but loved how it revealed just a bit of the ATC base, which was black. Used metalic pewter embossing powder over deep red ink on the "the beauty of nature" sentiment and just black archival ink on the "spread your wings and fly" sentiment. And the part I really loved is the charm that looks like a bird cage but has pearls in it. Fun and gives me the nice odd number of 3 cages on the ATC! :) Used black adhesive gems to make the "rope" holding the cage.
This is the other one I sent her. Its a prima stamp, I think, called talk of the town. Stamped then colored it.
Added the sentiment on the bottom, which pops out and is inked up, then a pink rose cabochon and finally a frame for the middle ladies face.
They were both so fun to do that I almost didn't send them away! :) Make sure you go by dear Lilians blog to see her fabulous art work! Now her stuff is what I really consider art. Beautiful. But thanks for stopping by to see my fun and shall we say creative? stuff! :)

21 comments:

  1. Wow what a frenzy of activity !!! And as cluttered as my work space which makes me feel good ! The cards are great - lovely tones & colours ! Sorry to be dim but what is TH ? Have a good week Ali #60

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you're dim. :) TH is short for Tim Holtz...just cause I'm lazy! ;)
      Thanks for stopping by...I gotta go check your space out now, sounds like I'll feel right at home. :)
      Deeyll

      Delete
  2. What a long post, yep i read it all and was amazed, your ribbons, bows are amazing, your steampunk creation brilliant and that card with the altered paper background just perfect, you really made and impression there. Atc's great,have I missed anything probably but all your work is just brilliant I love it.

    Thanks for sharing you make me feel exhausted with everything you have done and I have only been working for 15 hours and another 4 to go LOL
    Eliza (no i am not tired yet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Eliza, you are such a sweetie! You should know that when I have schoolwork or studying to do I become a superwoman at crafts...otherwise known as Master Procrastinator! I will even do the dishes when I am putting off schoolwork! lol Thanks for reading the whole post and thinking my stuff's so brilliant...I know how great your stuff is so I really take that as quite a compliment. :)

      Delete
  3. Lots of sassy creations there! Thanks for sharing them! Looks like you've done lots and lots of creating! I haven't created anything in weeks. Thanks for sharing your workspace and inspiring others :)

    Katie (150)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the bows. Btw I emailed you...hugs lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much gorgeous creativity here. Thanks for the peep into your workspace. Have a good week. Hazel #124 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. No excuses needed for a messy desk, especially when you've created so much gorgeousness. I love the steampunk pin and all those fun bows.

    cheers, rachel #11

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a nutball, Queenie! You have so much going on in that creative head of yours, I'm dizzy from the tour! The ATCs are so fantastic!! Thanks for coming by to see me! Have a great week, Darnell #34

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful lot of crafty things- I think I saw that ATC on it's recipients blog :)
    Jodi H. #119

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love the funky, frivolous, feathery fandangles... I've run out of 'f' things now!! Seriously, I love 'em, do they take long to make?? My son's girlfriend would give anything for that skull one, lol!!

    Hugs, LLJ #57 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, so much to see in your post this week! Thanks for sharing! I love your messy, creative space and your makes are just fab.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. CJ stands for Circle Journal... it's where a group of people each make a decorated journal on a certain them and send them around to everyone else in the group, with each person adding their own decorated page to the journal, until it finally comes back to you completed and full of amazing art by other people. They're great fun! :)

    Ali #87

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lilian has been showing off your ATCs and I came by for a visit from her blog! Great work and I love your messy desk! One of my favorite sayings is "A creative mind is rarely tidy!" That's me and you! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely us! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a dear comment, and that saying...I hadn't heard it but I really like it! :)
      Deeyll

      Delete
  12. Wow, that ATC is fabulous, I REALLY like that little cage with the pearls - I'd love a necklace like that, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol because, interestingly enough, I got that cage charm in the jewelry section of my local craft store! :)

      Delete
  13. Wow, what a busy week you've had, you've made so many beautiful things! Love the atcs for the swap too, very cool. Those little drawer sets are working out really well for me, especially in the "use up the scraps" department. Yes TH Victorian Velvet, I use it a lot too, really nice colour, but I also really like Milled Lavender too.

    Hugs
    Brenda 3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have access locally to the Milled Lavender...but I bet its gorgeous! :)
      Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment...hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)
      Deeyll

      Delete
  14. Your creations are beautiful! I think I could get lost for days on the bow and jewelry station side! Thanks so much for visiting me too. I wanted to tell you that you will enjoy embroidery so much. Just give it a go because it's sooo easy to do. Try the straight stitch to outline a flower, for example, and then fill it in with the satin stitch. Just cut out a square of muslin, hoop it up, and you're ready to paint with floss! Crafty hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy late woyww, its been a busy week here.Thanks for the comment on Holly's atc, I will let her know. looks like you have had a busy busy week and your desk is a riot of colour.
    have fun, mark

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness .................you've got a mass of crafty goodness on your desks!!!! I want all of it, it's amazing! Loving the cards and embellishments, they look great! :-) Crafty Debs

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just a line I still love to hear from YOU!
Thanks :)