Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It's WOYWW Time! #164

Hey y'all, I'm procrastinating again...like a pro, huh? :) Final paper this time. Multi-disciplinarian blah blah blah. I'm even bored so I can only imagine how fabulous my paper is going to turn out!
On to the fun stuff, pics of my desk and most recent creations or experiments. And a big thank you to Julia Dunnit over at Stamping Ground for hostessing this wonderful linky party!
 Paper side, first, not much going on...then a quick shot of the tidied up jewelry/sassy embellishment side...
Seriously, that's tidied up! It was a complete wreck of bits and pieces for the steampunk styled pendants I'm making, pictures below....
 Well, first my new House Mouse stamp all colored in with my TH distress markers...and I colored in the two steampunk birdies from last week...

That, and an anniversary card I didn't get a picture of, is about all I accomplished this last week on the paper side. For reals. And no excuses, either. *shrugs shoulders*
An extreme close-up to try and show all the details in this piece, which I will make into a necklace centerpiece soon. It's less than an inch in diameter, though, so it was hard to get a good close-up.



 Next is a fun reversible one...the front is a clock/watch face and the back is...
 The inner workings sealed with magic-glos.
I used Lisa Pavelka's Magic-glos on all the pendants to float and seal the watch pieces and bits. You just set it in the sun and blam! It hardens fast, too. Well, in our sun it does. Course we are running around 105+ so...anyways, it was much easier to use than I thought it was going to be. Now I don't know what I was scared of...do any of you ever experience that? A kind of fear about trying new things...I just really hate messing up, ya know? Even if I know its going to be an "experiment" I still get nervous...go figure. lol
Have a lovely week everyone! :)

12 comments:

  1. Great work! I love house mouse. jenx 61

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the mouse frog stamp! Your other pieces are nice too. #102

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all your creative work this week!! Such talent!! Have a great week! Darnell #116

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intricate jewellery - interesting to see it coming together ! Like the mouse & birds too ! Ali #97

    ReplyDelete
  5. House mouse stamped image coloured perfectly, love the steampunk birds they are awesome and your jewellery fantastic. Yes I do have that same problem, the fear of using someting wrong and destroying the creation I have been working on. But and this is the but, it sometimes works out for the best because you can find another way to use the product when you make a mistake that can make your piece look brilliant in the end. LOL I did that recently used a product and tried to speed up the trying process with a heat gun and bingo a new way of doing something it make the product crackle pop and bubble and it looked awesome. So learning is good (ok) LOL

    Eliza #16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know I've had "experiments" turn out well, so I have to agree that learning is good. I just did this self study thing and it turns out I'm an imaginative creative person who can see all kinds of possibilities, which is good, but is also what makes narrowing down and focusing kinda hard. Thanks for the encouragement sweetie and I hope you are having a great week! :)

      Delete
  6. love everything you've shown us so much going on , jill #32

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice! Love all the jewelry possibilities. Didn't get a post in on WOYWW this week but thought I would make a few rounds. Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Vickie! I'm a little caught up in the possibilities myself...:)
      Hugs and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. You've been very busy with some great pieces of work :D
    The house mouse is so cute and it's pouring with rain here today so very appropriate.
    It's Friday here already so Belated Happy WOYWW
    Neesie #20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish it was pouring here! We are having some terrible practically drought like conditions. :)

      Delete
  9. I loce how you have your space divided for tasks and all your pieces and coloring is awesome, I am late to making rounds but you will have that good luck on your paper.

    Happy WOYWW #153

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just a line I still love to hear from YOU!
Thanks :)