Thursday, October 31, 2013

Does this still count...? :) WOYWW #230

So, it's not actually Wednesday anymore but I'ma still link up for the What's on your workdesk Wednesday, hostessed by the oober fab Julia over at Stamping Grounds. This week I have been making something very special for someone amazingly special...I feel privileged to have been able to do this for her and she knows who she is! :) It is not yet complete but these are the pics I got for now for you! Enjoy...:)
That's how the book started...and the beginning of the mess, as well...
This next piece is the spine piece with all the laces and ribbons sewn on...
Rough idea of finished piece, back cover on left...it's really just more mess...
Getting closer to the final product...and I tidied...the buttons! lol
Bonus shot, cause I know you knew there was a giant pile of stuff shoved off to the left! :)
Will finish this and deliver it tomorrow...hope everyone is having a wonderful week and have a great weekend, too! :)

11 comments:

  1. Wow! That's one lucky person! It's gorgeous! Now down to the nitty gritty...what's the pink tool front and center of next to last pic? Thanks and a late Happy WOYWW! Nan G #6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nan! :) The pink tool is an I-top button/brad maker...the tool fits two sizes at once and I have a third size also that just screws on when you need it. Need it! lol Like we *need* any of this stuff! :) Thanks for stopping by dear!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work - just gorgeous - and a great workspace - everything at your fingertips...Happy WOYWW - Mxx #57

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like one really beautiful album that you are creating and someone that has the name starting with L, she is going to be one really happy person. I love how you have used all the laces sewn together. As for mess you can't create without a little bit of mess, you have done well to have confined it to this small area. Happy creating and happy belated WOYWW

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that is stunning those laces and ribbon and gorgeous and someone with the initial L is a lucky lady to say the leas,t they will be over the moon ... its so gorgeous .I couldn't help notice what the wonderful pile of vintage looking buttons..I'd love to have good old rummage through them ! thanks for giving us a good nosey at your wonderful stash and beautiful creation belated woyww wishes and crafty hugs Andrea #25

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful gift, I'm sure she will treasure it Deeyll. Love all the vintage bits & pieces going into it. Have a great week, Hugs Shaz # 56 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you can most certainly post after Wednesday. Look at me, it's Friday and I am just making my rounds. Besides we would have missed this peek at an amazing gift you are making. I love all the detail. Someone is going to be really happy when they receive it.
    You know we should have a Wednesday when we show all the crap we shove to the side to take the nice tidy shots for WOYWW. I always laugh because it's usually total chaos all around my room except for the area I am taking the photo and then I quickly fill it up again!
    Have an amazing weekend.

    Belinda (46)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Very Belated WOYWW. That looks like one very gorgeous book, and a very creative workspace. Ali x #36

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The recipient of this book is one lucky lady, it's going to be beautiful. The laces and ribbons are stunning. Happy (and belated too) WOYWW. Elizabeth x #42

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in awe, Deeyll! I could never make something like that in a million years! I know your special friend will treasure it!! Hope you are having a wonderful week! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just a line I still love to hear from YOU!
Thanks :)