Friday, October 7, 2011

At one ment.

 At one. Pretty self-explanatory, right? But, -ment?

-ment

noun suffix

Definition of -MENT

1
a : concrete result, object, or agent of a (specified) action ment> b : concrete means or instrument of a (specified) action ment>
2
a : action : process ment> b : place of a (specified) action ment>
3
: state or condition resulting from a (specified) action ment>

Origin of -MENT

Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin -mentum; akin to Latin -men, suffix denoting concrete result, Greek -mat-, -ma   

So "at one" is the state of condition, the concrete result, intended by God as the purpose for this day, seeing as how God names things what they are. And I know that's not new info to most who might pop in to read this post, but that 'ment' actually means "concrete result", well, that's just really cool to me. Its always been cool that you could break down the name of this day and get what it means but the 'ment' part...I think I took it for granted that it meant something important, like I thought it was just included to round out the 'at one' part. So...that's what I was thinking about so far today/this evening. 
 
I pray for you all to have joy and look forward to the fulfillment of this day as much as God and Christ do! :)
 
P.S. Who else used to totally hate this day because of the fasting?! :) Goofy, right? But I think the prince of the power of the air also had a little sumptin' to do with it, too. In fact, earlier today I found myself in the fowlest of moods, for no apparent reason, and had to get serious with myself and recognize the cause, then pray for some help! Mood got much better after a little knee and elbow application... :) 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just a line I still love to hear from YOU!
Thanks :)