Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Most recent creative endeavors...

I've been working on creating some new cards the last few weeks, since I got a new toy and all. It's called the Big Shot and it's by Sizzix. It embosses and using dies it also cuts. So much fun! If anyone reading this has an embossing machine that will take Sizzix embossing folders please let me know...I have a few free embossing folders that I can't really use and I would love to give them away! I used my Cricut to make the bunting and balloons and some of the other embellishments and some were simply handcut.



 When you open this one up the elephant is actually on the inside, you can just see him through a window I cut and put a ruffled ribbon around. The other thing you can't see is that all the dots actually sparkle a bit since they are glitter, as are the 4 larger dots in the corners. This one was way cuter than it photo'd.


(It says Hope Your Anniversary Was Sweet and it was for a dear dear clay artist I know and see those little round thingy's that look like mini candies? She sent me these sticks and I cut those off them and clued them on this card and well, I don't know all the technical terms but they are lotsa fun to use for embellishing!)

This next card seems kinda plain, but its for a boy anyways and I've noticed they don't seem to care much about glitter and all that, though I did outline the leaves on the leafy thingy in a blue glitter and used some foam popouts to make the congrats banner pop...

 I'm not sure this one is completely complete either. Mostly cause I don't know exactly what to use it for. I just got the paper and loved it so I made this card up...I think I'm thinking something along the lines of it you build it they will come...so if I make cards then I will have people to send them to...well, its a work in progress, at any rate. But you should see this paper...its so vintage and I dirtied up the edges and the button border I embossed down the centers.
Well, this next one could be sent to so many dear ladies I know...whenever one door closes I hope one more opens, promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance and when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance, I hope you dance. I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance...and when you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just a line I still love to hear from YOU!
Thanks :)