Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunday Brunch

Had a lovely brunch this past Sunday! I was a little curious to see exactly how it would turn out, mostly because I am not known to be a morning person...but I did so much of the prep the night before that I felt like a Proverbs 31 woman the next morning when my guests arrived a scant hour and a half after my alarm went off! But this woman isn't so good with the camera so I didn't get as many pictures as I had planned to share with ya'll...in fact the food pictures got taken afterwords so ya'll don't even get to see all the yummy food and drinks we had, but I know you'll forgive me...ya'll are just great like that! ; )
So, without further ado, here are the pictures I got:
 My living room turned dining room so there was room for the extra long table...I don't have a formal dining room, which I don't miss since we are two for dinner most of the time, and thankfully the furniture moves! So we still can have room for a crowd for dinner or other get-togethers.
 Horrible picture! Sorry its so blurry but it was sooooo early in the day! The wonderful lady in the kitchen is the mother of my sis's beau and since she came before everyone else she got to cut up the fresh fruit for the fruit pizza! I'll give you the recipe later, but I'll mention here this is a yummy dish and really great for potlucks and whatnot, just don't add the fruit until the day of serving, though the "crust" can be made a few days in advance.
 Ahh! This one is in focus a little better but now you can see what a disaster parts of my kitchen were! Oh, well. Now ya'll know...I'm not perfect. I guess you had to find out sooner or later. : )
Here is a little picture of some of the leftovers...before they got finished too! I made individual fritatta's, turkey sausage and bacon, the fruit pizza at the top of the picture. We also had a tiered display of fresh fruits, a mini bagel bar featuring Philly cheesecake and cream cheese spreads, rolls for mini sandwiches of fresh deli shaved oven roasted turkey breast and cracked pepper with swiss, colby or cheddar cheeses. We had 3 iced buckets of drinks...this was a fun easy way for me to make all the drink options available to my guests so they could help themselves to a new drink whenever they wanted...which added to the casual feel and kept me from having to be too awake so early! And let me tell you, if you have never had a mimosa, especially a twisted up one like I made, then you have been missing out! I offered regular orange juice and champagne for the original mimosa and strawberry or peach champagne plus a mixed juice cocktail for the more modern mimosa...and allllllll versions were yummy! Hey, you should have a brunch next weekend...it's a great way to spend time with family and friends before they, and you, have to get all your other Sunday stuff done before the work week starts. If you do please take more pictures than I did! And share them with us...  ; )

4 comments:

  1. YEP, you had a nice time! I'll have to try the mimosa's...I have had the orange juice and champagne but not the others...they sound yummy. The recipe sounds great, never had fruit pizza. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deeyll!
    Wow! It looks fabulous! And, shame on you...can't believe you're not perfect...what a disappointment! lol. love ya!
    What a fun thing to do. You've given me a great idea. that's so cool that Shandy and D could make it up for the event.
    It really looks amazing!!
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping ya'll and leavin me some luv!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so pretty! Can't believe you didn't get pictures of the food like you PROMISED!
    Glad I got to hear all about it though!
    C'mon spring!

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just a line I still love to hear from YOU!
Thanks :)