Monday, November 15, 2010

Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Tart

My sister, who hates pumpkin pie [ I know! How un-American, right? ;) ] and cheesecake, sent me this recipe because she had this dessert the other night and said it is amazing. But Deb inspired me to share a recipe and I just wanted to pass this one on for anyone who wants to like pumpkin or cheesecake but hasn't figured out how to yet...
 
INGREDIENTS
1 9" PASTRY CRUST
3/4 CUP SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK, DIVIDED
1 8OZ BLOCK CREAM CHEESE, SOFTENED
4 OZ BLOCK-STYLE 1/3-LESS-FAT CREAM CHEESE (NEUFCHATEL), SOFTENED
1 T VANILLA EXTRACT
1/4 t. SALT
2 LARGE EGGS, DIVIDED
1 LARGE EGG WHITE
2/3 CUP CANNED UNSWEETENED PUMPKIN
1/2 t. GROUND CINNAMON
1/4 t. GROUND GINGER
1/4 t. GROUND ALLSPICE
 
METHOD
PREPARE AND BAKE THE PASTRY CRUST IN A 9"INCH ROUND REMOVABLE-BOTTOM TART PAN. COOL CRUST COMPLETELY ON A WIRE RACK.
PREHEAT OVEN TO 300 F. COMBINE 1/2 CUP CONDENSED MILK AND THE CREAM CHEESES IN A MEDIUM BOWL; BEAT AT MEDIUM MIXER SPEED UNTIL SMOOTH. ADD VANILLA, SALT, 1 EGG, THE EGG WHITE, BEAT UNTIL COMBINED. SPOON 1/2 CUP CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE INTO A SMALL BOWL; ADD 1/4 CUP CONDENSED MILK, 1 EGG, PUMPKIN, CINNAMON, GINGER, AND ALLSPICE, STIRRING WELL WITH A WHISK.
POUR REMAINING CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE INTO PREPARED CRUST. POUR PUMPKIN MIXTURE OVER CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE; SWIRL TOGETHER USING A KNIFE (MARBLE). BAKE 300 F FOR 50 MINUTES. TURN OVEN OFF; COOL TART IN CLOSED OVEN 45 MINUTES. REMOVE FROM OVEN; COOL COMPLETELY ON A WIRE RACK. COVER; CHILL.


The person who sent the recipe, to my sister, mentions that she does not have a tart pan and so has used a regular 9" pie pan or dish and that has worked well also. I haven't made it yet myself but since I love pumpkin pie and cheesecake, unlike my dear sister, I am sure it will be wonderful and I will take a picture and add it in whenever I get it made. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I normally will have a piece of pumpkin pie and a piece of cheesecake. But, Deeyll, you just went and made everything in this world brighter and better. So now, I can have two pieces of this!
    YUH MMMMMMEEEEEE!
    Yep, your sister is un-American! Who does'nt like pumpkin pie?
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just a line I still love to hear from YOU!
Thanks :)