Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Found: Kitten (Update after the pictures)

Lost: my mind! No, actually we aren't keeping this little miss, though my son would dearly love to. Look how adorable she is:


Edit:
I know she was too adorable, right? :) She was just so tiny and furry and soft! But she did end up in a good home(my Aunt's), out in the country with 2 momma cats and several other kittens, some smaller than her, some bigger, but plenty of playmates and access to cat milk, which is better for her than the cow milk I have. My Aunt came to get her and sat with us and cuddled her and said she would feed her special soaked food like she does another kitty of hers named Little Bit. And Weenie just was not growing any fonder of her so I really was worried for her safety around here.
We came to have her because her mother abandoned her. She "cried" for 2-3 hours under our back porch, and we let her, hoping her mother would come back, but no such luck! Based on the size of the other kittens near here she appeared to be a runt, and my Aunt says some mother cats, but not my Aunt's, will do that to a runt. We tried to get her back in with the mother cats around here but they would have nothing to do with her so we couldn't leave her to fend for herself. So we took her in to keep her safe and fed her until we could find a good home for her, which happened thankfully quickly, as she was still very young and needed a momma cat to love her properly. So I think this story has a happy ending, at least so far. :)

2 comments:

  1. awwwwwwww, how can you not keep her? She might not end up in a good home, and yours seems perfect! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What she is beautiful how can you turn her away after this beautiful photo, send her to me, hubby will get mad but I will just throw him out instead LOL.... what is her name and how come you have her?

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just a line I still love to hear from YOU!
Thanks :)